ForumFree

All Bitmap 2.0, A tool for BMP/PCX color conversion - works on palettes

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 13/10/2009, 07:28

Group:
Fondatore
Sacra Famiglia Catena - 6^a Casa (casa di Don Virgo) - cerchia degli Spadaccini.

All Bitmap (AllBmp) is a free (GPL) application made by me written with g++/Allegro (Allbmp main program) and g++/Qt4 (Allbmp fronthead).

AllBmp is able to re-adapt a list of "original" images (*.PCX or *.BMP - can be both RGB or 256-colors) changing them in 256-colors images (PCX or BMP) that are "clones" of "original" images, but using a palette configuration decided by the user (must be save in one of supported formats).

Palette file format supported that can be loaded for params are:

1. Pal -> Jasc Pal format (.pal): the most common format. Used in a lot of painting program like IrfanView and I.Mage

2. Act -> Photoshop Act File (.act): it is the format used in Photoshop and used in Mugen. DON'T USE THIS OPTION IF YOU HAVE TO LOAD A BOR.ACT you have to choose the 3rd option

3. Actinv -> BOR Act File (*.act): This is a particular way-to-read act files used in BOR. I don't know if it is used in other programs. In this case the colors are not inverted.

If you downloaded and tried ot leave a comment in this topic.

Here you can see a screenshot of the AllBmp GUI (the fronthead):

If you want to download it or have more infos see:

http://www.mugenation.com/staff/nobun/down...mp20/index.html

geroge86
view post Posted on 1/9/2010, 02:28

I was trying to convert an .act palette and it only ripped the outlines or the colors I didn't want, could you make a tutorial or something?

view post Posted on 3/9/2010, 21:55

Group:
Fondatore
Sacra Famiglia Catena - 6^a Casa (casa di Don Virgo) - cerchia degli Spadaccini.

Really... A tutorial isn't needed :D .
My program want to do a specific task:
You have some images (RGB or 8-bit) and you want to produce a clone of the same images (equal like original ones) that uses a the palette configuration contained in the .act you load.
All Bitmap is basicly a tool for a index-remapping of pixels of any processed image (if RGB also conversion from RGB to 8-bit).

So, for example you have an image (original) that uses color 0=black, 1=white, 2=blue and you want to convert with a .act files that cointains 0= white, 1=blue, 2=black. The new image will result equal like original, but if you will see the new palette configuration (so new image will have 0= white, 1=blue, 2=black) but will appear exactly the same like was before

Infact the program is thinked mostly to be used for Mugen or for openBor. However if you explain me better what do you want to do I'll try to suggest how to do it (if I know) but probably you would need a different program and not Allbmp ;)

PS thank to be the first who said something :P

geroge86
view post Posted on 4/9/2010, 01:23

well I ripped some characters using fighter factory ultimate 2.0 and I wanted to apply a different palette to the sprites I extracted

119way
view post Posted on 16/4/2011, 02:50

Dear Nobun

I need this screenpack from njia masters.

But the link is off.

Could u do me a favor to send me one??

[email protected]

Thx.

4 replies since 13/10/2009, 07:28   2573 views